Reddish swollen tender lump on the penis. Infected hair follicle? Treatment?

I have a red swollen bump where the shaft of my penis starts to grow hair. I am overweight , so a skin fold forms there. The bump sometimes has hair growing out of it, and is tender to touch, but does not burn or itch. I have ha. It looked at by my GP, and she said it was an infected hair follicle . It seems when the weather warms up, it comes back. I have an issue squeezing and taking tweezers to the bump when they occur, which seems to make them worse. Any idea?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either staphylococcal infection of hair follicle or infected sebaceous cyst on base of the penis .

Please take You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Observe proper personal hygiene by washing your genitals with warm water twice daily.