Reddish ring with itching on the leg. Using peroxide. Wound not healing. What to do?

I am a 32 year old woman with a wound on my lower leg close to my ankle. I have no major health problems. Last Friday, my leg started to itch. I tried cortisone cream but the itch would not stop and I scratched my leg raw. I have had this a few times over the years so I didnt think about it when I went to the Dr on Saturday for a completely separate issue (ingrown hair that got infected and the dr put me on Sulfameth/Trimethoprim 800mg 2x daily). Anyway, over the last couple days the wound on my leg has not gotten better and it has a bright red ring around it. I read up on wound care and it says that I might need antibiotics but I am already on one and I don't know why it is not working for this wound too? I have been treating my wound by washing it with soap and water, then putting peroxide on it and letting it breath at night. During the day I put neosporin on it and bandaids but it seems the Neosporin is making it worse? What do you suggest I do?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013