Reddish / purple rash on my inner thighs, no itching, cortisone cream, skin feels tender, hispanic with a golden brown skin color

For ten months, I had a reddish / purple rash (no itching) on my inner thighs. I used a cortisone cream, but stopped using it since there was no change. A month ago, I noticed that my upper inner thighs are a dark purple-black in color. The skin feels tender especially if it wrinkles . I am Hispanic with a golden brown skin color and have never encountered this problem in the past. Should I be concerned? RC
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012