Reddish purple discolouration on chin, below lower lip, no itching, occurred after eating a cupcake. Cure?

My 8 year old son just developed a red purplish spotty discoloration on his entire chin below the lower lip today. He has never had anything like it before. it doesnt itch , hurt or bother him. the only new thing he ate was a cupkake at lunch from an unknown source. He has not been in contact with any animals or chemicals.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
anything cn causallergy at any time
may be cooking oil or some content of food is not suiting
it caused local reaction
give anti allergic tabs and anti allergic ointmnt for few days to treat this episode