Reddish lines on the finger and toe nails, metallic smell in the stool, headache. Should I be worried?

Hi there, I hope all is well for you. I have some things I have been wondering about. First of all, I am a 41 yr. old white female. I have beau s lines on my finger and thumbs have red streaks running vertical on nail. I have not been sick or in the hospital. My stools smell like metal. I have been having headaches behind my eyes for quite some time now...I do have a cold and have had for over a month. I get tired early in the day and I go to bed between 9-10pm and get up between 6:30-7am.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Dec 2013
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HCM.
After reading your query it appears to be toxicity to some chemical in the food and that too related to arsenic metal. The symptoms which you mentioned such as systemic and skin are suggestive of metal toxicity. It is better to consult a physician at the earliest who can take detailed history and rule out the cause. According to your detailed history and examination the physician can advise you the best possible treatment.

Hope it helps you.
With good health wishes.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia