Reddish bump on the buttocks. No pain or itching. Need surgery?

I got a small red bump on my left butt cheek when I was pregnant my son will be 1 in September I still have it it doesn t burn itch or hurt its soft one side feels like its into my skin the other side feels like a scab its red I ve had two different dr.s look at it they both told me they don t know what it is that if it bothered me he would just cut it off and stitch it up any ideas? Thanks....
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question
The history suggest that it could be a Dermatofibroma or a healed Fibrosed Furuncle.
The best approach for this bump would be to inject a steroid in the growth / bump .
It will shrink it in size steadily .
The other alternative would be to take a biopsy for documentation and pathology study . You will need to book an appointment with the Dermatologist
Thanks and Take care .