Reddened area on finger. Burns. Have on both hands. What could it be?

I have a reddened area on the index knuckle of my left hand . I noticed it 2 days ago but it went away or became unnoticeable the same day. Yesterday the reddening returned. It is still red today. The redness runs from the knuckle to halfway down the finger . IT also kind of burns. The other hand has slight reddening on the same finger on that side. I was recently sick and vomiting as well as having diarrhea , headaches and light headedness due to eating a infected food. Am I ok? What is this reddening? Is it from weather or do i need to do something?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013