Red spots that grow to become abscesses. What is wrong?

hi doctor.. I am a medical student and came to me medical condition of a child aged 2 years complaining from itchy red spots and red spots grow and become abscesses giving some times pus out of them ?? Described his ointment fusiderm with antibiotic syrup?? And refused to give him topical cortisone ... What do you think?? The diagnosis of the situation?? Is therapy right?? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
Corticosteroids should not be prescribed for these conditions. Oral antibiotics along with some topical antibiotics should resolve the issue. You were right in your prescription
Hope that helps