Red spots on penis head, sensitive to touch, burning on retracting foreskin. Treatment?

hi. the head of my penis has a few red spots and is sensitive by touch, when i pull the skin back on my penis during an erection it burns, and the line in the back of the penis that seems 2 hold head 2 the skin; but more closer 2 the head has a lil cut 4 quiet sumtime now. i think the cut came about from me bein 2 ruff. can u help doc?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012

Welcome to HCM,

Red spots are probably due to infection.

Infection can be bacterial, viral or fungal.

Your doctor can have some idea after examination only.

Investigations might be required for confirmation of diagnosis.

Please consult a Skin & VD specialist and meanwhile you can apply cotrimazole cream and avoid use of soap to clean glans.

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma