Red spots on legs. Internal stress. Have dark patches. Trapped blood? Help?

My husband died last year, and I have been dealing with a lot of internal stress . I had started to see little red spot above my ankles on both the end side of my legs sometime the spots that are now brown, look a little shinny. Now the spots are forming dark patches that will not go away. I have tried everything to lighten them, but the brown patches only become red and burns leaving the marks darker. I had been over a year and the spot have spot but the mark will not go away. I am 57, and no health Insurance. When my husband died, my health Insurance ended. What could I put on my legs to get rid of the trap blood under the skin, that I can get over the counter. Thank You D
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012

You may be having Schamberg's disease.

It is a type of capillaritis..also called progressive pigmented purpuric dermatosis.

There are purpuric spots and patches on feet and legs.

The disease is benign and harmless.

Long time standing position may exacerbate the disease.

Vitamin C and K might improve the disease.

Thrombophob oint with mild steroid cream may fade the lesions.

However, you consult dermatologist.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD