Red spots, bruising on upper legs, no swelling or rashes. Causes and cure?

Hi. My son has red spots on both of his upper legs. It looks like there is a bruise with it as well. He is 8 and I have never seen anything like this. He says that it doesn t itch or hurt. Also the red spots are not raised up like a normal rash . When I touched it it just felt like his skin. Should I make an appointment with his doctor? It has not spread anywhere else but like I said it looks very strange. Also we have not switched any soaps or any foods or anything. So I know it s not an allergic reaction .
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013