Red, sore, swollen belly button. Painful when touched, clear discharge. Concerned

Part of my Belly button has suddenly become red and sore and a little bit swollen I have a very deep belly button and it is tender even when it is not being touched. If I lie on my front even though it doesn t touch the bed it still hurts. There is a tiny bit of wheeping and it is completely clear. Should I be concerned
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Welcome to HCM,
Due to deep belly button there is lack of proper cleaning leading to deposition of dust with perspiration giving rise to infection on the part.
Now clean properly with cotton buds and apply antibiotic cream.
Go for one antibiotic medicine course after consulting your doctor.
After every thing become alright, clean the area while taking bath.
Ok and bye.