Red rash on face, chest and back. Hot to the touch. What could it be?

My boyfriend keeps breaking out in this red rash . It used to only affect his face, chest, and back. Now it is all over his body. It doesn t bother him at all, no itch or burn . He doesn t even know it is there until I mention it. I noticed it at the beginning he would break out to drinking a Budweiser instead of light beer or when the dog got in his face. It is getting more drastic now thought, still doesn t bother him. It is steaming hot to the touch. It usually goes away after a shower, nap, or just relaxing after taking an allergy pill. What could this crazy rash be. I ve had hives but this is different. It looks similar but in different places and it is flat to the skin, no bumps of anykind.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012