Red pimple like bumps, pus filled, painful on head and neck. Worry?

Hi Doctor, I am concerned about my husband. he has been getting these quarter sized red pimple like bumps on his head for over years. They are sometimes full of puss and sometimes just hard as a rock but when you press it hard white stuff come out. It is very painfull. Hes been to many doctors that cut open the pimple and took out the puss from it but that just seemed to make it worse. As he would get them now on his head, and neck . But it is mostly on his head. I would love all your help and i would greatly appreciate your time. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there.

It is great to exhibit such spousal love dear Rips, but i reommend going a step further & dragging him across to the dermatologist @ ground 0 for best results as dermatology is a 'visual field'!

How old is your husband? what is his medical status? Has he taken any prior treatment medically other than the lancing? Are there any specific blood tests done?

It would be a great help to both of us madam if you could answer the above & perhaps we would be in a better position to suggest a certain line of therapy.

For the moment, do upload his photograph of the lesions on this website or use our special 'ask-a-specialist' feature & directly get in touch with any of us dermatologists' of your choice.

Cheers & Good Luck & wish your husband soon reverts to a smooth skin sans bumps!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore