Red patches on leg, no swelling. Have filariasis. Will medication cure it permanently?

hi! one of my friend is suffering from filariasis . so i want to know some information about this, is it curable after the 21 days medicine course, his leg gets red patches but no swelling is there, only one time on the initial stage he had swelling but later it had gone, this problem he was having for last one year but he did not take it seriously, but now he has stated the medicine, his leg looks likee normal no swelling is there and no redness is there, but our doctor told it is the sign of filaria, so please let me know that if we continuing with the medicine of filaria, will it be cured permanently or it will emerge again after some years or what is the final cure for it, please help me as i am not getting the sufficient answer from anywhere .
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012