Red mark on arm. Area swollen and red. Emergency? Is she okay?

Hello my girlfriend got this small red mark on her arm yesterday morning. In the evening there were several smaller blisters in a small spot about the size of a quarter.(this formed right by the elbow ) When she woke up this morning it had formed into 2 large bubbles the whole area is red and swollen around the 2 bubbles and there is a line going away from the bubble toward her armpit went to the emergency room they didn t know what it was. They gave her antibiotics and triamcinolone cream. I looked up shingles but nothing looked like this. any ideas
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012