Red lump on forehead, having facial tension, low grade fever, headache, lump turning black. What's going on?

A week ago I noticed a red lump on my forehead . About an inch from the lump were two small what I assume were bite marks (looked like fangs). Over the course of the week the lump expanded (however was not red) to about the size of a half dollar. I also experienced some facial tension along the side of my jaw (the same side were the bit was). Today, the lump has flattened and has turned black. It almost looks like dried blood. It feels a little like a scab. There are also now shiney red little bumps next to it and I am starting to get them on my nose as well. I had a low grade fever this morning and a head ache. Really not sure what is going on!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012

The lump you described might be impetigo.

It is a bacterial skin infection caused by staphylococci.

There may be reddish elevated lesion on the skin with pain and fever.

Blood tests may be done to rule out DM,HIV and immunocompromised condition.

Now, in your case it is healing and there is scab on the lesion.

Strong antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs may improve the condition.

Apply mupirocin oint.

Immunoboosters may be taken

Improve general health with healthy food.

Improve hygiene with dettol liquid bath.

You may be improved.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD