Red, itchy, swollen and hard lump appeared on bottom of belly button. Pus coming out. What could be this?

my daughter has a small hard bump/lump on the bottom of her belly button. she says it itches and its red and swollen. its been there for over a week. at first it looked infected, after a couple days it looked like it was getting better and scabbed over and looked to be going away but is now swollen, red, itchy and hard again. it also looks like some sort of pus is coming out and drying around it.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012

she might have developed furuncle.

These are deep bacterial infection.

Treatment is with antibiotics,

But the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests of the pus.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you