Red, itchy, inflamed skin rash on thighs and lower legs, tried prednisolone and steroid cream, prevention ?

I have a red, very itchy, inflamed rash on my neck, thighs and lower legs. It is intensely itchy and has been this way for months. I had a similar outbreak this time last year. I was given prednisolone and steroid cream. I also tried a scabies treatment and some anti biotics. Nothing I tried relieved the issue. Eventually it went away however now it is back I am concerned it will not clear up again. I have introduced no new products or foods to my usual routine. Please help!!
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012