Red flat lesion on left of tongue since recovering from pneumonia. Cause?

Good Morning! I am a 40 year old mother of three children. Over the past year I contracted pneumonia and noticed that ever since I have recovered I have developed a red flat lesion on the left side my tongue . The lesion tends to correspond to how much exercise I m doing (believe it or not). However when I take at least 5 days off from exercise the lesion begins to grow. Please advise on what s going on? Is this related to the health of my lungs? I look forward to your response.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013