Red dots on inner thighs, around belly button area. What is the cause and cure?

I have noticed tiny red dots appear on my inner thighs and stomach , around my belly button area.. I looked online and people have said they were razor burns or something like that, but I don t think that s my case because I don t shave my belly button area.. I really want to know what this is and if I should go to the clinic and get it checked out.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there Nicole..if i may take the liberty of answering your query as a dermatologist..Firstly, one would appreciate a slightly detailed history to help you better...for long ago did these red dots spring up, are they itchy, do they get better or worse with anything in particular, your age group etcetera. Going by the current description, dont think it is cause for alarm & you may try an OTC streoid-antibiotic cream from your local chemist..give it a good 2-3 days of regular twice/three times daily application & if they do not disappear, please visit your dermatologist. Regds & Godspeed...Dr. Praveen Rodrigues MD Shivajinagar/Richmond town, Bangalore