Red colored flakes in stools after frequent urge to pass bowels. Had suffered with severe constipation with mucus. Remedy?

Hi I am a 23 year old female. Earlier in the week I was constipated. When I would try to go to the bathroom I would only pass mucous, what looked like small blood clots and red or flesh colored flakes . I finally was able to have a bm 3 days ago. The next day an this morning everything was normal but now I feel like I ve got to go and am only passing a few flakes . What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern and looking to the history given here I could say that the chances of intestinal infection is likely and in my the condition can be treated with Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice in day for ten days, if the symptoms does not improved then investigation may required, to rule out the ulcerative colitis, take care and have a nice day.