Red bumps on upper legs with circular red ring, sore to touch, not itchy. What could the cause be?

Over the last few weeks, I have had these red bumps that look like bug bites appear on both of my upper legs. Each bump has a small circular red ring around the surrounding skin. They appear one at a time, last a few days then begin to disappear and then a new one will appear in a different spot. They do not itch and are slightly sore to touch. The last 2 have had small whiteheads in them. The skin almost looks scarred where the bumps were. They are not in places where I would have to shave often, so I don t think that s related. Have been debating on seeing a doctor as I have now had 4 of these bumps appearing now.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012