Red bumps on the hips of a child, hurts. Applied ointments, no relief. Suggestions?

My son is 2 and a half. He has had several bumps on his bottom for about a month and a half now. I have monitored it and have try antibiotic ointment, destin, butt paste and a and d ointment. Every time I have gone to take him to the doctor it starts looking better so I give it a little while. Well today he has several and they are more red then the have been. He has one about the size of a quarter that is really red and has a big bum behind it. I don t see any puss. And for the first time he is complaining that it hurts.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012