Red bumps on the head of the penis. Prescribed with xogel for fungal infection. Advised to consult urologist. Why?

I have red bumps on the head of my penis. I want to the skin doctor and said it was yeast or skin fungus. The Doctor prescribed XOGEL for two weeks. I did not remove the bumps. I went back to the doctors and she wanted to cut a piece of the skin of the penis to look into it. I did not do it. Also, I checked for STDS and i came out negative. The doctor recomment to see a urologist. What can you advise?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013