Red bump on the inner thigh, has become larger and harder with surrounding redness. What could it be?

Hi. A week ago, I discovered this small red bump about the size of a dime on my inner thigh. It looked as if it was getting smaller and then, for the past two days, its gotten larger and feels harder. The lump itself is now probably a little larger than a quarter. But the redness has probably spread to the size of a sand dollar. It hurts to touch it. The color hasn t changed. Maybe a possible spider bite?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012