Red bump on elbow, arm pain. Taken steroids, pepcid, vicodin, bump disappeared. Continue medication?

My husband developed a quarter sized red bump on the inside of his elbow last night. He had severe pain in his arm. We went to emergency hospital. After being given steroids, pepcid and vicodin , the bump disappeared and pain lessened. Today pain is gone as well as bump. Should he take prescribed meds: clindamycin , prednisone, pepcid? he is feeling much better. Any idea on what this could have been?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013