Red bump on arm, looks like an insect bite, yellow pus, red ring around it. Treatment?

I have a small red bump on my arm . And It almost looks like a bug bite . It kinda hurts to touch, but it looks like it has yellow puss or something hard I m not sure, but I thought it was a pimple at first and I squeezed and it just hurt even more. It also almost looks as if theres a light red oval surrounding the bump. Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi,thanks for your question.
The bump you are mentioning could be a bug bite as the bump is surrounded by a red oval inflamatory responce to a bug bite.
The yellowish discharge could be puss due to superadded bacterail infection.
You need antibiotics, antihisitiminics, and analgesic anti inflammatory (pain killer) drugs
Consultation with a Physician is encouraged.
Hope,this answers your question.