Red blotches around mouth and chin, skin peels and turns leathery, suspect perioral dermatitis. Need to ask a doctor?

Yes, I have red blotches around my mouth and chin . I have been putting vaseline, neosporin or olive oil on it. Those things seem to help but it keeps coming back. I thought it was related to my diet. I went on a raw food diet at the end of March 2012. So I have detoxed and now I only eat fruits, veggies, some meat. Just added dairy in the past few weeks and only a little cheese and a few eggs . No processed foods, no caffeine, only herbal decaf tea. 15 things have improved in my life but now I have developed these red blothes that then turn leathery and then the skin peels. I went to the dermotologist yesterday and she said it looks like perioral dermatitis . She gave me an antibiotic cream to put on it. I am not happy with chemicals. Is there anything natural I can use? And, from what I have read about POD I do not have red bumps. She does not think it is related to diet.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013