Red blotches all over face, neck, shoulders and chest, difficulty breathing. What could it be ?

Hello, I am 21 years old in good shape and in college. Within the last year I have noticed that I randomly get red blotches all over my face, neck , shoulders and chest . I also often have difficulty breathing sometimes. There is no consistency to this happening to me. In high school this never happened to me all the way up to the first time being 3 years ago in college. This would rarely happen but then within the last year its happened much more frequently. There is no specific alcohol that does this to me. One time I can drink it and be fine the next time not so fine. I have been beginning to drink a lot of water when I know I will be drinking in hopes that it might be because I m dehydrated or something? This has definitely made a different in the frequency that this happens. I also will take TUMS sometimes before I drink and that is almost a sure thing that it wont happen, but not 100% of the time. I am very young in my life and this is very concerning to me. I consulted my Doctor about it and he didnt seem concerned about it. This overall just sucks. I don t think I am allergic to alcohol because it does not happen 100% of the time and this never used to happen to me. What could this be!! Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013