Red and white bumps on arms. Took benadryl. Is it scabies outbreak?

I just developed a bunch load of little red/white bumps all over both forearms (mostly located nearer to my wrists) and it is now spreading onto the outside of my hands. It is REALLY itchy and driving me nuts . I took Benadryl about an hour ago hoping that it would help because I thought that maybe it could be an allergic reaction to my sisters cat --but normally I just get itchy and my eyes start up...never a rash. Also, I should probably mention that there was a scabies outbreak at the group home I work in starting last weekend - but they were not 100% sure that it was scabies AND we have been taking every precaution. Please tell me this isn t scabies.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013