Red and swollen penis tip, painful, painful urination, not itching. Is it due to rugburn type friction?

The tip of my penis is red and swollen (mostly the lips on either side of the hole) and very painful to the touch, and it s excruciating when I urinate. There s no itching, and my doctor said it could be from rugburn type friction when having intercourse recently, however it doesn t seem to be getting better as my doctor said it would with time.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern from the history given here I could say that if it is taking more than enough time to come around then this could be a infection and in my opinion it is better to get the urine examination done in clinical laboratory mean while you can try "Povidone ointment" this is local application, hope this information helps you have a nice day.