Red and itchy bumps on limbs. Are they mosquito bites?

I just got back from Mexico yesterday and when I got up this morning, I have red, itchy bumps all over my legs and feet . They look and act like mosquito bites but they just appeared overnight. I checked our bed and see no signs of anything. Also, stripped bed last night and washed sheets before we went to bed. My e-mail is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Dear joe. It is very possible you have some insect bite it mosquitoes or bed bugs related. Both of these will not be affected by just washing the sheets. You will have to sun-dry/air the mattresses' if you suspect bed bugs & use a preventive mosquito repellant that does not have DEET & is safe for use even in children. Once bitten, twice shy ;-) so you may presently benefit with the use of a topical steroid cream & antihistamine. If this persists for more than a handful of days sans respite, &/or should you develop other symptoms like a fever etc, please visit your nearest dermatologist. Regds & get well soon..Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist, Bangalore, India