Red and itchy bumps on chest and back. On thyroid medication. Allergy to?

About 3 days ago 3 small areas of red, extremely itchy (and slightly painful) red bumps appeared--2 on my back and one on my chest . The areas are small clusters of red bumps, no sign of puss, scabs, etc. Extremely itchy. Bumps in clusters on my back are larger and not painful, while the area on my chest has bumps that are MUCH smaller and there is a spot close to that cluster that is painful. I ve had no interaction with poison ivy or oak, no change in diet , am on thyroid medication . There HAS been a change in laundry detergent--same brand I ve used for years, but a different scent. There is also a new cat in my household (there was already a cat present, so cat allergy seems doubtful). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012