Recurring upper respiratory tract infections due to smoking. How can I improve my health?

I m really concerned about my health , i am 44 years of age , i manage a high volume practice. Before i had started working there 4 years ago i had quit smoking for @ least a year & was really really proud of my self cause it took a lot for me to get there. Well now i have a problem i started back after 4 months on that job looking for a way to take the edge off of myself. When i started back of course it got worse. i have been to the doctors twice due to upper respiratory infection caused by the smoking. today im home for 4 days now . yesterday the doctor prescribed to me prednisone for broncail infection etc, im so angry with myself. I want to be much healthier of course . what advice and recommendations would you offer . is time on my side to make the lungs etc right again & what could i do ???
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012