Recurring sudden excrutiating pain in right calf for short duration. Reason?

For about the last 3 years I have been experiencing sudden excrutiating calf pain-always in the exact same spot in my right calf--in the beginning it only happened about once a week, now it's about twice each day. . doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing when it happens--the pain is not like a leg cramp but more like a shocking feeling-it's so painful that I can't walk or move my leg at all while it's going on but it subsides in about 15-20 seconds. . what could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013