Recurring small colorless bump at the same spot on the hard pallet, appears on eating and subsides gradually. Any ideas?

I experience a small colorless bump on my upper hard pallet in my mouth. It comes and goes randomly every few days. It hurts, so I m pretty sure it s not a tumor . At first I thought it might be an abscess , but can an Abscess form on the inner part of the upper gums, around 1/2 inch from the tooth? It occurs in the same place and sometimes I have one on both sides at the same time, about at the same location on the opposite side. I notice sometimes when I eat it will suddenly appear and go away after about a half hour. I ve never noticed it pop or drain any fluids or puss, it just swells randomly and goes back down. Any help?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012