Recurring small bumps behind ear on the bone, feels sore and tight, hurts on tilting head. What could it be?

Okay, yes I have a question. A day or two ago I noticed two small bumps behind my left ear on the bone...I keep on getting told by my Mom it s part of my ear, I also kind of recall I went to a Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor with this and he said there was nothing wrong, but a like I said a few days ago I noticed it again and it was really sore and feels tight and when I tilt my head over to the shoulder on the left to test it it hurts...I will be honest I have been messing wth it non stop and I am rather a Hypochondriac unfortunately, so my first assessment was Lymphoma or somethijng Cancer related. So some answers would be nice thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012

I appreciate your honesty.

I am sorry; I am unaware of your age. However, Cancer or Lymphoma does not come in my first assessment. I would rather look at it as a lymph node enlargement secondary to viral or bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract.

Moreover, cancer and Lymphoma do not occur within days. The fact that it is sore and that it hurts you makes it more likely to be an inflammatory pathology rather than a cancerous one.

You would benefit by a course of antibiotic. Just take the Hypochondriac thinking out of your mind.

To my knowledge, you are perfectly fine and should do well in a few days.

Get well soon and wish you a long healthy life.