Recurring lump under the jaw, resurfaces on eating and drinking. What is it?

A strange lump like thing, underneath the right side of my jaw , it goes away ( not completely) but comes back everytime i eat something or drink. the size i suppose is the size of small choclate easter egg
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi.from ur history the size, shape, duration and nature of lump is not clear.there may be several cause, such as enlarged submandibular lymphnode.but it is better to consult ur nearby physician. Wish u good health
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
you did not tell that this lump is painful or not?because normally tonsils are present underneath the jaw.but it is normal and not painful but in the presence of any infection this will be i will suggest you please go to a dentist near by your place and go for complete examination done.and please follow all the given instructions.nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
thank you for the inquiry.

without seeing we can't predict about the lump.At the earliest consult your family physician

dr.devidas vellodi