Recurring lower back pain, foot numbness, X-ray showed no sign of slip disc, taken Efetran, ultracet, V12. Cause?

I am aged 48 suffering from lower back pain . I cloud not get up from where I was sitting on the floor. Nerve catch and I was taken to Ortho. Dr.Ortho gave pain killer injection & V12. Took x-ray and no sign seen on slip disc but said not to rule out. Advised for MRI in case of SOS. Medicine taken Efetran, Ultracet, Benzaday15, PAN D for 10 day. I was quite comfort and do my regular work/travel etc. After a month the pain developed. The pain from lower back to foot , numbness at the foot etc. Pl advise.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012