Recurring injury causing darkness over knuckles, occasional cracking and bleeding. Is it worrisome?

Hi. So my boyfriend plays high school football and he s always getting hurt. His knuckles on his index and middle finger of his right hand are really dark, almost black, and the skin is really hard and rough. It cracks sometimes and bleeds , but he says it doesn t really hurt. He calls it monkey finger and thinks its from pushing his knuckles on the ground during football. What is this and should he be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012

I have read your query.

He is probably having bursa like tissue developing on knuckles, which is usually see in player.

Do not get worry. It will automatically disappear when he stop playing for one month.

I hope you have got your answer.