Recurring epididymitis. Severe pain. Taking anti-inflammatory medications. Can the testicle be removed?

I have had recurring epididymitis since I was 27. I am now 52 and am struggling with the pain. No treatment has stopped the flare-ups and I am forced to take large doses of anti-inflammatory drugs to stop the pain and reduce inflamation. Antibiotics do not cure the problem. The pain is so severe that I am seriously considering having my affected testicle removed (it is always in my right testicle). Are there any new treatments?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013