Recurring chest pain, relieves with aspirin, all tests negative. Is this a precursor to heart attack?

Within this year, my husband had felt chest pain 4 times. The first time, it was at his office and it was so bad that he almost fainted, so he called an ambulance. Second time, about a week later, the pain came on again, so he admitted himself to the same hospital ER. All hospital results were negative and he was sent home immediately or the next morning The third time, he was at home and felt chest pain one night. So he took aspirin and went to bed. The next morning, as the pain did not.go away, I drove him to a second hospital where he was checked into as ER patient and again a series of tests were made. Results again were negative. Sometime mid-October, the pain came again, but this time it was mild ( something like a chest pressure, according to him), so he didn t want to go to a hospital. He took aspirin and went to bed. The pain went off the next morning and he felt better in the afternoon. I would like to know how to find the cause of his malaise and if this is a precursor to a heart attack . Why were all results negative, especially for the first time it happened ( he was clearly unwell and couldn t even stand up)? What do we need to do the next time it happens again? Thanks Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012