Recurring blisters in mouth, peeling and cracking skin near lips, cracks on corners of mouth, lip swelling. Effective remedy?

my daughter and I have been experiencing a recurring issue. We get tiny blister-like sores inside the mouth and the skin on and near the lips begin to peel and crack, causing lip swelling and deep cracks in the corners of the mouth. The skin inside the mouth sloughs off as well. My daughter has a patch between her lip and chin that doesn t go away. This cycles about once a week-it tends to get a little better and begins again. I have been prescribed steroid ointment, but it doesn t help at all. This is painful and looks terrible.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012