Recurring bladder infections, UTI's. Cystoscopy, paps and swabs clear, taking elmiron. What does this indicate?

Hi. For 2 years now I ve been getting uti s and bladder infections once a month. Had a cystoscopy done that showed nothing wrong. Many ultrasounds and manus swabs/ pap tests all resulting in nothing. I am currently on elmiron which is to cost my bladder with protein however I still get uti s maybe not as frequent but just as painful. What could this mean? And do you think bladder infections can be cured thru home remedies? If so what kind?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013