Recurrent urinary infection after eye removal. Have diabetes. Now itching head. Any connection?

I m a 72 yr old male, had eye removal Oct 23, 2012, am a diebetic controlled with pills. However, my sugar went wackey after my has changed meds and things are beginning to settle down...except I m getting a urinary/ bladder infection: This happened 3 times last year with the 3rd time ending with pancreatitis . Only thing different from the other times is that I cannot lay down without my head itching. No I don t have lice [my wife checked] and it stops with sitting up. Is there any connection? My removed eye still has some drainage.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012