Recurrent pain in the arm. Had surgery on the wrist for osteoarthritis. could that be the reason?

My wife is suffering recurrent upper harm pain. Six months ago she had an operation on her right wrist as part of treatment for ostaoarthritis. Some bone was removed and wire was used to reconnect the remaining wrist bones. Pain in her wrist and hand has followed although the operation was successful and we wonder whether this could be causing the problem. Her heart has been declared sound for her age (82), apart from a slight leakage which was considered non-threatening.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013