Reason for lower leg swelling, heavy and tender? Not alleviated on doing exercise. No injury sustained

My left lower leg (in particular the inside/backside area of my calf ) feels heavy and swollen and tender (if it presses up against something but not when I compress it manually). There is no color nor actual size differential when compared to my right calf but it FEELS very different. I am a 36 year old female 5 4 115lbs who gets in about 30 minutes of moderate intentional exercise daily. I do sit in a desk each day for extended periods of time and also have anvrt (type of tachycardia ). The sensation is not alleviated nor worsened when I exercise. I have not sustained any injuries or severe muscle exertion. This started 2 weeks ago in a more focused area and has now spread more diffusely over my lower leg.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012