Rashes on face, itchy, flaky, painful. Could olive oil help on rashes?

im having a rash on my face, i have been perscribed a medicine shampoo for my scalp and a cream for my face to get rid of it, but today it is all sticky and flaky and itchy at the same time, and it is really painful, is there anything i can do for the time being to sooth it before i next put my cream on? i had impertigo once which was similar and the doctor told me to put olive oil on it to stop the flaking, would that be something i could so on this rash or not?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012