Rash on thigh, dry and hurts, red bumps. How to get rid of it and treatment?

I have a rash on my inner mid thigh. It is very dry and hurts to the touch. There are some red bumps , it is about the length of a roll of quarters and a tad bit thicker then that roll. I have tried putting lotion on it and some vasaline protectant cream. And it is still there. I would like to know why I have it, how it happened. And what I can do to get rid of it. Also I do have bigger thighs and it may be caused by them rubbing on my pants. But I don t think so.
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012